You could be the next AIGA Seattle Board Member!
AIGA Seattle – Open Board Meeting 2016
Seattle! This is your community. And this is your opportunity. Every year some of our hard-working board members roll out of their positions to allow a new batch of members to grab the reigns and pitch in. Just before they do, though, we hold our Open Board Meeting where enthusiastic, collaborative, rock star members like yourself can chat with out-going Board Members about what it takes to kick-ass as an AIGA Seattle Director or Chairperson.
Date: Tuesday, April 19th — Time: 6:30 – 8:30pm — Location: General Assembly – Seattle Tower
How do I know if I’ll make a great Board Member?
• Do you have some great ideas about what AIGA Seattle and the design industry can do to improve?
• Are you interested in building a connection with and making a positive difference in the Seattle design community? In the national design community?
• Do you have excellent leadership and team building skills?
• Do you want to directly contribute to a national organization with over 22,000 members whose purpose is to strengthen the voice, integrity and influence of design in the world?
• Are you looking for a new group of fun design-nerd friends who put a bunch of time and effort in to making Seattle the best AIGA chapter in the nation?
If you said yes to most or all of the above, then we implore you to attend the Open Board Meeting and let us help you decide on the perfect position to match your skills and availability. Below is a list of which positions will be opening up come May. If you find something that looks interesting to you, come and talk to that Director to get the low down on what it takes to have a successful term (or two). Don’t see your ideal role on this list? Come anyway and let us know what you think this chapter needs.
Current Open Board Positions (See all open roles on the event page)
Community Vice President, Operations Vice President, Communications Director, Programming Co-Director, Membership Director, Sponsorship Director, Responsibility Co-Director, Special Events Director
RSVP for free if you know you’ll be attending (we want to have enough drinks!). You’re also welcome to come last minute. We all look forward to meeting you!