There’s a reason you always find yourself caving in and not getting the best possible deal for yourself or your firm. And that reason has to do with emotion, not logic. The very same part of your personality that drew you to work in a creative field — especially if you’re a designer or writer — also makes you an easy target for compromise when it comes to talking about the negotiable pieces of a project. But this is a tendency you can learn to overcome, which is the express purpose of this workshop. This workshop is co-presented by AIGA Seattle.
USE THIS AIGA DISCOUNT CODE FOR 25% OFF: AIGA-25-NS
You’ll pick up these more-than-valuable skills once the workshop starts:
• What is it about people in creative fields that makes them less effective negotiators?
• Why people who work for clients in large corporations automatically value different things than you do
• Is being too passionate about your creative work costing you?
• The importance of role-playing a negotiation before you get in the middle of one
• 7 tips for making your negotiations more effective
• How to assess your latest negotiation and learn from it