This is where sparks fly. Where problems evolve into ideas and challenges turn into inspiration!
The Changemaker Series Workshop Weekend is May 4 – 6, 2018 including a Friday Kick-Off evening event and two-day workshop. You’ll meet other participants, all brilliant people in our community who want to change the world around them, as well as your creative team and change organization partners.
This event is an intensive human-centered design bootcamp that will provide the critical foundation for the project teams working together over the summer. You will:
- Meet and work with your project team
- Gain insights into design thinking taught by local design leaders and inspirational educators
- Learn about the ideation, prototyping and testing processes through facilitated exercises
- Gain a deeper understanding of your users
- Define your most immediate design problems
- Reframe challenges, explore systems thinking and learn ways to design at scale
- Develop creative briefs and formulate plans to help an organization
- Discover new methods to turn ideas into action
- Get the resources needed for a successful project
- Connect with other passionate changemakers
- Tessa Levine-Sauerhoff, Account Director and Strategy, Artefact
- Dave Miller, Director of Community and Talent, Artefact
- Whitney Thoren, Learning and Development Program Manager, Zillow
- Timothy Bardlavens, Product Design and Lead Culture, Microsoft
- Sheryl Cababa, Design Director, Artefact
- Jen Ng, UX/Visual Designer, Jen Ng Design
- Sabella Flagg, Interaction Designer, Artefact
The Kick-Off and Workshop Weekend events are mandatory to participating in the Changemaker Series.
Kick-Off: Friday, May 4, 6:00 – 8:30 p.m.
Workshop Weekend: Saturday, May 5 – Sunday, May 6
Please plan on arriving at 8:30 a.m. Saturday 5/5. The presentations will start promptly at 9 a.m. Saturday will end with an optional happy hour on the Artefact rooftop (weather permitting). Sunday 5/6 will start again at 9 a.m. and should wrap up by 5 p.m.
The Workshop Weekend will take place at the beautifully designed and light-filled Artefact office in Pioneer Square. We recommend taking public transportation but you can also find parking information at downtownseattle.com/parking.
All food—coffee, morning and afternoon snacks, lunches, and Saturday's happy hour—and materials will be provided! Please indicate any food restrictions in your Eventbrite registration.
The AIGA Seattle Changemaker Series unites creative professionals with organizations and nonprofits to enable design-driven social change. Have questions about the Workshop Weekend or the Changemaker Series? Please email Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Changemaker Series would not be possible without support from our sponsors!