Seattle is your design community. This is your opportunity to step into the center of it.
Every year in May, some of AIGA Seattle’s Board Members roll out of their positions to allow a new batch of members to grab the reigns and apply their personal design passions to help shape the organization. Are you interested in learning more about this chance to get involved? If so, come to our April Open Board Meeting where enthusiastic design professionals like yourself can chat with current and outgoing Board Members about what it takes to serve as an AIGA Seattle Director or Chairperson (and all the rewards it gives you back).
- Date: Wednesday, April 19
- Time: 6:30 - 8:30pm
- Location: General Assembly — Seattle Tower
- Perks: Free pizza, sodas, wine, and beer — and plenty of time to network and talk shop
Please RSVP if you know you’ll be attending (we want to have enough pizza and drinks), though you’re also welcome to come last minute. We all look forward to meeting you!
How do I know if I'll make a great Board Member?
- Are you interested in building a connection with, and making a positive difference in, the Seattle design community? At the national level?
- Do you want to directly contribute to a well-respected and influential national design non-profit with over 22,000 members whose purpose is to strengthen the voice, integrity, and influence of design in the world?
- Are you eager to grow your leadership and team-building skills in a friendly, supportive, and diverse professional association?
- Are you open to making new friendships with fun people who share a passion for design in all its forms and who dedicate time and effort to make Seattle’s AIGA chapter thrive?
- Do you want to be at the center of what’s happening in the Seattle design community, expand your professional network, and regularly hang out and collaborate with influential design thinkers and change makers?
Did you think “Heck yeah!” to any or all of the above? Then you should definitely attend our April Open Board Meeting to learn more about AIGA Seattle and meet our current bench of enthusiastic Board Members who can help you determine the ideal position to match your skills, interests, and time availability.
Below is a list of board positions that are opening up in May. Don't see your ideal role on this list? Come anyway and let us know how you think you might be able to contribute. We have a wildly diverse bench of Board Members and we like it that way: a mix of designers of across all practices, developers, strategists, marketers, project managers, writers, and administrators that range from folks who have recently started a design-related career to seasoned business leaders. AIGA Seattle is 100% volunteer-powered and all are welcome!
2017 Open Positions and Application Form
Please note that you do not need to be present at the Open Board Meeting to apply. Applications only required for Director and Executive positions. To join a Committee or become a Chair simply email the Director responsible for that area. More details in the links below.
Download a PDF with more details on these open roles and a description of our board structure.
Download our application form here. Applications due April 25.
Executive Board and Directors
- Events VP (Executive Board)
- In-House INitiative Director
Chairs and Committees
- Event Chairs and Committee Members
- Emerge Chair
- Social Media Chair and Committee Members
- Copywriters and Editorial Committee Members
- Schmooze Event Chair
- Volunteer Recognition Chair
- Website Chair
- Technology Committee Members
Women Lead Initiative:
- WLI Event Chairs and Committee Members
- Alliance Committee Members
- Student Events Chair
- Student Groups Chair
- Emerge Events Chair
Into The Woods:
- Chairs and Committees: Operations, Design, Volunteers
Partnership & Sponsorship:
- Partnership & Sponsorship Committee Members