Paper Airplane Workshop: Transportation
Seattle is growing faster than ever. Our population is increasing, traffic and parking are becoming a larger problem, taxis are battling tech companies, bus routes are being cut, and our city's new tunnel project is at a standstill. How can design and creative entrepreneurship shape the future of transportation in our city?
Join us on Saturday, September 6th where we will gather at the Impact Hub in historic Pioneer Square to embark on an all-day event filled with epic design thinking, brainstorming and cross-discipline collaboration.
Seattle Department of Transportation (SDOT) is collaborating with us on this event to provide real-world design challenges, and are eager to test solutions the groups develop.
Learn how to create holistic, user-centric and evidence-driven solutions based on sustainable principles, and meet brilliant new people in the community who want to change the world around them.
Solve the problem assigned to you in a way that is actionable, sustainable, and for the community.
What you’ll learn.
• Design thinking methods
• Human-centered brainstorming
• Effective critique and feedback
• High-performance collaboration
• Timeboxing: working with tight time constraints
• Presentation skills, engaging your audience
• Community awareness
• Living Principles framework: people, economy, environment, culture
• Systems thinking
• Asking the right questions
• Talking to users, establishing feedback loops
• Non-traditional roles and responsibilities
This workshop is for all problem-solvers and creative thinkers. Our last workshop sold out, and we only have room for 30 people, so act fast!