AIGA Seattle is 100% volunteer-powered and all are welcome!
Did you know that the AIGA Seattle chapter is run entirely by volunteers? From the board, to the organizers of events and initiatives, to the friendly folks who greet you at AIGA functions—we’re all volunteers. Volunteering for the chapter is a great way to meet other designers, hone your professional skills, and give back to your community. It's an opportunity to become a leader and share your unique voice. Plus, without our dedicated volunteers, we would not be able to carry out the incredible events and initiatives throughout the year. So we need you!
Ways to Volunteer
We have different types of volunteer opportunities:
- Day-of Event Volunteer: Offer day-of event help on an as-needed basis. Examples of tasks include: helping with set-up, greeting guests registration, and helping with teardown. Sign up below!
- Committee or Chair Volunteer: Chairs lead committees that take charge of a specific task or event. These roles are ongoing and require more of a time commitment. Duties vary by committee.
- Director or Executive Volunteer: Take charge of a specific role or pillar, and collaborate with the rest of the board at regular board meetings and events. These roles require a two-year commitment and a completed application form. Duties vary by role.
Director Roles (two-year term, application required)
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Applications are only required for Director and Executive positions.
Chair and Committee Roles (flexible terms)
- Marketing Committee: Help promote the chapter's events, programming, and resources via social media, content writing, or email marketing.
- Technology Committee: Help administer our digital tools, recommend processes, and support the board’s use of technology.
- Digital Marketing Analytics Committee: Use metrics and data to help us learn about our community, measure success, and provide value to our members.
- Website Committee: Help maintain the chapter website, strategize content, and develop new features.
- Event Planning Chair & Committee: Planning and producing high-quality events throughout the year.
- In-House Initiative Chair: Creating events and providing resources that meet the needs of the growing population of in-house designers.
Interested? Questions? Email email@example.com.
Day-of Event Volunteer
Sign up below to receive email notifications of upcoming event volunteer opportunities. We won’t bombard your inbox—emails are sent on average once per month.
Volunteer Mailing List Sign-up
Sign up below to receive email notifications of upcoming event volunteer opportunities. We won’t bombard your inbox—emails are sent on average once every few weeks. There is no pressure to respond. If you're interested and available, contact the person listed for the opportunity and if not, simply disregard.
Note: This volunteer mailing list is separate from AIGA's general communications list.