How might we nurture local youth?
Join the AIGA Seattle Changemaker teams as we celebrate the results of the 2018 Changemaker Series!
Over the past few months, diverse volunteer creative teams have used their superpowers by collaborating with local nonprofits and change organizations on projects addressing challenges local youth face.
- Celebrate the creative teams’ successes over some wine, beer, and light appetizers in the inspiring Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Discovery Center.
- Meet passionate creatives and nonprofits in the community who are working to help youth.
- Check out the project showcase and listen to short presentations as teams show their journey through design-thinking processes, project results and next steps for driving positive change in our community.
- Spark ideas for the next Changemaker theme.
- And learn more about joining the Changemaker movement!
Presentations will begin promptly at 6:30 p.m. Please note that traffic can be congested in the South Lake Union area. Tickets range from $5, $10, and $15. Your ticket includes admission into the event, two drink tickets, and light appetizers.
Participating nonprofits and their initial challenges in the 2018 Changemaker Series include:
// Arts Corps — Learn More
- How might we better communicate about arts integration as a catalyst for positive youth development in the classroom?
// Art with Heart — Learn More
- How might we raise awareness nationally about the power of art to help kids heal from trauma?
// JUMA — Learn More
- How might we better serve our youth through increased engagement with the Seattle community?
// Powerful Voices — Learn More
- As our organization transitions towards centering girls of color, how might we clarify, communicate, and engage with our communities so we can break out of our silo?
// Encompass — Learn More
- How might we enhance our understanding of our communities' needs in order to better serve them through our free opportunities for children and families?
// Seattle Indian Health Board — Learn More
- How might we increase Native youth-led programming in the King County area to address youth suicide in Native communities?
The Changemaker Showcase is the finale in a series that unites teams of creative professionals with nonprofits and social change organizations to use design thinking, sustainable frameworks and creative tools to help advance their mission. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Read more about the Changemaker Series at seattle.aiga.org/changemaker, and check out our blog at seattle.aiga.org/news.
The Changemaker Series would not be possible without the support of our Showcase event partner and our Series sponsors. Thank you.
// event partner
// series sponsor