Join the AIGA Seattle Changemaker teams as we celebrate 5 years of partnering nonprofits with volunteer creatives and the results of the 2019 Changemaker Series!
Over the past few months, our volunteer project teams have flexed their creative superpowers to collaborate with local nonprofits to dive into this year's challenge:
How might we foster stewardship of the environment for lasting generations?
Celebrate the creative teams' successes over wine, beer, and light appetizers at The Mountaineers, a nonprofit outdoor community that helps people explore, conserve, learn about, and enjoy the lands and waters of the Pacific Northwest and beyond.
- Meet passionate creatives and nonprofit organizations working to preserve our natural environment.
- Hear firsthand about team journeys through the design-thinking process, project results for their nonprofit partners, and the next steps for driving positive change in our community.
- Spark ideas for the next year's Changemaker Series cause.
- Learn more about joining the Changemaker movement!
Presentations will begin promptly at 6:30 p.m. Free parking is available on site. Tickets range from $10-$20, with an optional donation to help offset the costs of running our program. Your ticket includes admission into the event, two drink tickets, and light appetizers.
We are committed to making tickets accessible to all regardless of an individual's financial situation, so email us at email@example.com to inquire about discounted tickets if ticket cost is a barrier to your attendance.
Participating nonprofits and their initial challenges in the 2019 Changemaker Series include:
// EarthCorps — Learn More
- How might we frame our impact on emerging environmental leaders and the environment in order to increase overall engagement and funding?
// Duwamish River Cleanup Coalition — Learn More
- How might we better articulate our mission statement to reflect all the programs and services we offer to better serve the community?
// Seattle Audubon — Learn More
- How might we remove barriers and authentically engage marginalized communities?
// SR3 — Learn More
- How might we scale our ability to increase protections of Salish Sea marine wildlife?
// Washington Environmental Council — Learn More
- How might we better structure WEC’s online presence to make us an active hub for environmental news, action, and policy in Washington state?
// Washington Trails Association — Learn More
- How might we guide hikers to respect and value the landscapes they recreate in?
The AIGA Seattle Changemaker Series unites teams of creative professionals with nonprofits and social change organizations to use design thinking, sustainable frameworks and creative tools to help advance their mission. The Changemaker Showcase is the finale in our yearly series and presents the work of our six project teams.
Read more about the Changemaker Series at seattle.aiga.org/changemaker, check out our blog at seattle.aiga.org/news, or email us questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Changemaker Series would not be possible without the support of our Showcase event partner and our Series sponsor. Thank you!
// Event partner: The Mountaineers
// Series sponsor: FuseIQ