How might design help support local immigrants and refugees?
Join the AIGA Seattle Changemaker teams as we celebrate the results of the 2017 Changemaker Series!
Over the past few months, diverse volunteer creative teams have used their superpowers by collaborating with local nonprofits and change organizations on projects addressing challenge within the immigrant and refugee communities.
- Celebrate the creative teams’ successes over some wine, beer, and light appetizers in the inspiring Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation Visitor Center.
- Meet passionate creatives and changemakers in the community who are working on to help immigrants and refugees.
- Check out the project showcase and listen to short presentations as teams show their journey through design-thinking processes, project results and next steps for driving positive change in our community.
- Share your ideas to help address immigrant and refugee challenges.
- Spark ideas for the next Changemaker theme.
- And learn more about joining the Changemaker movement!
Presentations will begin promptly at 6:30 p.m. Please note that traffic can be congested in the South Lake Union area. In an attempt to create an event and experience that is accessible to more people, the Changemaker Showcase is offering a sliding scale ticket fee ($5 – $15) to help cover event costs. Your ticket includes admission into the event, two drink tickets, and we will be serving light appetizers.
Participating nonprofits and change organizations and their initial challenges in the 2017 Changemaker Series include:
// API Chaya — Learn More
- How might we build our Natural Helpers program to be more accessible to immigrants and refugees?
// Fare Pasifika — Learn More
- How might we engage immigrant communities in their language and heritage?
// Helping Link — Learn More
- How might we create programming and services that will engage the Little Saigon and Chinatown community?
// Muses Conscious Fashion Studio — Learn More
- How might we help convey the value of immigrant and refugee apparel workers?
// Project Feast — Learn More
- How might we increase opportunities for our broader community to connect deeply with people from different cultural backgrounds?
// St. James Cathedral Immigration Assistance — Learn More
- How might we deliver accurate and timely information to a wide and diverse immigrant audience?
The Changemaker Showcase is the finale in a series that unites teams of creative professionals with nonprofits and social change organizations to use design thinking, sustainable frameworks and creative tools to help advance their mission. For questions, please email Arnold Phommavong at email@example.com.
Read more about the Changemaker Series at seattle.aiga.org/changemaker, and check out our blog at seattle.aiga.org/blog
The Changemaker Series would not be possible without the suppor of our Showcase event partner and our Series sponsors. Thank you.
// event partner
// series sponsor